The Nutrition and Physical Activity (NPA) program is committed to empowering community members to implement a healthy lifestyle by providing education on ways to eat healthier and increase physical activity. The NPA program utilizes the following evidence-based curriculums to provide optimal education to every age group:
- Eat Play Grow - Creative educational approach to teaching children ages 2-5 and their parents how to make healthy nutrition and physical activity choices.
- CATCH - The Coordinated Approach to Child Health program is designed to create behavior change by enabling children to identify healthy foods and increase the amount of physical activity that they engage in each day. Ideal for elementary and middle school ages.
- Cooking Matters - Participants will engage in hands-on activities that will improve their skills in planning and preparing tasty, healthy, low-cost meals. Ideal for everyone ages 7 and up.
Additional nutrition classes include:
- Chronic Disease Prevention Classes: Educates participants about prevention and management of chronic diseases such as: diabetes, hypertension, and heart diseases.
- Senior Classes - Participants learn about various nutrition topics related to healthy aging.