Location & Hours to HCPH VPH shelter
Fees/Fines to pick up an animal from HCPH VPH shelter
Have you lost a pet?
- Start your search immediately, don't wait to make flyers.
Contact all possible animal control or animal welfare agencies in the area. Visit each location at least every other day.
- Call your pet's veterinarian and the microchip company to make sure they have current contact information for you. A citizen may try to call the veterinarian's office or microchip company themselves from your pet's tags.
- Call all the veterinarians in your area to alert them to the description of your lost pet in case someone brings it to their clinic.
- Check with your neighbors, especially families with children, and ask if they've seen a pet that looks like yours.
- Search your neighborhood on foot, your pet maybe be nearby but is injured and unable to get back home.
- Leave a towel or article of clothing with your scent on it outside of your home. Your pet may be disorientated and will be attracted by your scent.
Helpful lost pet websites